Thursday, July 10, 2014

Meeting with tutor 1

Post no.5

This tutorial session was rather enlightening. I was pretty excited with the new ideas and perspectives that Daniel and I discussed.

First things first, things to improve on my really drafted essay:

- There's a typo on the theories I put in the essay, it's not John Bilton. It's George Herbert Mead.
- I need to research on the legitimacy of their statements and backgrounds.
- The quality of my reff need to be improved. My references should have more edu. and books. I should remove the blog links.
- The relevance of my essay to my final year project only needs to be mentioned in the proposal, not the essay itself.
- There should be in-text citations in the proposal as well.
- Input task words. There's a sentence which is too definitive. "The wearable media is categorized under Infotainment where its purpose lies with mass communication." The way the sentence sounds, it appears that wearable media is correlated with infotainment. Use words like 'Explore' or 'Evaluate'. 
- Focus on synchronicity (in scope) cause its too wide. Its okay to mention diachronic briefly in the essay.
- This will be an exploration/evaluation essay.

Now that's done, on to the more contextual part of the tutorial.

- Explore the Cyborg culture, the Transhumanism, which is the belief or theory that the human race can evolve beyond its current physical and mental limitations, especially by means of science and technology.
- Explore private and public uses of wearable tech.
- "Ubi computing reverses virtual reality."
- ICT has transformed from IT. Information and communications Technology.

I will borrow those books and look into it further. Very intellectually stimulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment